Las Vegas Kid Friendly Running Races
After having kiddos, eating healthy and less processed foods became super important to me, but exercise was not a big part of our family life until about 5 years ago when I became passionate about running and living a more active lifestyle. It’s been the best thing for us as a family to get outside and enjoy nature. I’ve also enjoyed obstacle course races, like Spartan Race and Tough Mudder and my kids have really loved that too. I mean who wouldn’t think it’s fun to run through mud and climb walls?! When I first started running and signing myself up for races, I began to notice that a lot of these races are kid-friendly and/or have kid races as part of their race weekend too! I loved this idea of making running a family activity and I’ve signed up my kiddos for many races and they’ve always had a blast running them! Plus, it really makes them feel good about themselves too and a good self-esteem is so important for little ones!
So, if you’re interested in getting your family running together or just want your kiddos to have fun running some races, I’ve put together a list of local Las Vegas race organizations that are family-friendly and/or have kid specific races. I’ll also include non-local race companies that put on races here in Las Vegas!
- Desert Dash – Little Dashers 2k/2m trail race for kids 12 and under. All races receive a kid water cup and bib. No medals. Kid races are on the same day as the adult races, just with a later start time.
- Triple Dare Running Company – Seasonal kid races that offer 1 mile fun run and a 5K competitive run. All runners receive a tshirt and 5K runners receive a finisher medal, as well as awards for top runners.
- Bristle Cone Events – 5K community runs. No shirts, no medals, no pressure! Just a fun time together as a family.
- Desert Sky Adventures – Fun family-friendly 5K during the Fourth of July and Thanksgiving Day. All participants get a t-shirt and a finisher’s medal.
- Run Away with Cirque du Soleil – Family friendly 5K run/walk event at Springs Preserve with music and performers of Cirque du Soleil.
- Spartan Kids Race – Spartan Race is an international obstacle course race with races in lots of cities throughout the year. Las Vegas is usually held in the spring. Kids can participate in 2 mile, 1 mile, and 1/2 mile races depending on their age. Each child will receive a T-shirt and Finisher’s Medal.
- Mini Mudder – Tough Mudder isn another international obstacle course race, with a Las Vegas race usually in the fall. They offer a 1 mile race for kids ages 7-12.
- Terrain Racing – National obstacle course race, with a Las Vegas race usually in the fall. They offer 5K races for ages 7 and up where they’ll be running with everyone on the regular course and also a mini monkey 1/2 mile race for little ones ages 2-8. Everyone receives a race big, t-shirt, and finisher medal.
- Kids Dash – Badass Dash is another national obstacle course race, with a Las Vegas race usually in the spring. They offer a 200-yard dash for 4 – 6 year olds and a 1 mile course for the 7 – 13 years olds.
I’m sure there are other races I’ve missed, so feel free to share in the comments some fun family races you know of and/or have participated in!